Barriers to Gender Based Violence Health Services in Humanitarian Settings during the COVID-19 Response
February 9, 2022 | 13:30 – 14:30 (Geneva, GMT +1)
The Global Health Cluster and the READY Initiative hosted this one-hour webinar to explore the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on gender-based violence (GBV) health services in humanitarian settings. The webinar shared findings and recommendations from the desk review of the same name (view/download the desk review).
Live interpretation for this event was provided in French and Arabic.
Ms. Donatella Massai, Technical Advisor, COVID-19 Task Team, Global Health Cluster
- Ms. Saba Zariv, Gender-based Violence Advisor, Global Health Cluster, Opening Remarks
- Dr. Krista Bywater, Senior Advisor, Gender Equality, Save the Children, COVID-19 and Barriers to GBV Health Services: Cox’s Bazar, Iraq, & Northeastern Nigeria
- Dr. Hur Salman, Head of Medical Committee, DARY Humanitarian Organization, Iraq
- Dr. A. F. M. Mahbubul Alam, Sector Lead-Health and Nutrition, BRAC, Bangladesh
- Dr. Midala Usman Balami, Sexual Reproductive Health/GBV Officer, UNFPA, Nigeria
Subscribe to receive updates about future READY webinars
This website is made possible by the support of the American People through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the READY initiative. READY (not an acronym) is supported by USAID’s Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance, Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and is led by Save the Children in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Center for Humanitarian Health, the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, UK-Med, EcoHealth Alliance, and Mercy Malaysia. The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of Save the Children. The information provided on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of USAID, any or all consortium partners, or the United States Government, and is not official U.S. Government information.